Monday, January 28, 2013

Project Life: The Beginning

So when Studio Calico announced they'd be adding a Project Life kit each month I hesitantly jumped on the band wagon. I'd never done PL before and really didn't know much about it, but the idea of documenting our everyday seemed cool, albeit daunting. I started to think about all the photos I take of little silly things the girls do, or little details about our lives--the photos that don't make it to "layout" status. And I thought about how amazing it would be if I had an album like that from when I was little, and I was completely sold. And can I tell you, after just 4 weeks I am completely hooked. I love project life. I love it so much that I am going to try to convince my friend Lindsay to do it. Right, Lindsay?? And the best part about project life? It is super simple and fun, and not at all daunting, as long as you don't let it go crazy. I'm just not the type to agonize over rounded or square corners on journaling cards. Or the type who keeps planning notebooks and folders of stuff. I just do it. Right now, it takes me about 30 minutes to do a 2 page 12x12 spread, including printing photos, and that works for me! And, speaking of Project Life, Crate Paper just announced the remaining Design Team members on the blog today--and these girls are Project Life pros! Make sure you check it out!

Here are my first 4 weeks of PL 2013.

IMG_7913-1
IMG_7916-2
IMG_7921-3
IMG_7924-4
IMG_7928-5
IMG_7932-6
IMG_7935-7
IMG_7941-8
IMG_7944-9


Are you doing PL? Leave me a comment with a link to your pages--I'd love to see them!

9 comments:

  1. Love your PL pages. I ama newbie, so I got lots of ideas. I almost forgot to add the inauguration last week, silly me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've got a lot of great plans and a are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you good at PL and i think i have to start mine soon! love your PL spread here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing - I am doing PL for the second year and it has certainly changed and inspired me - I had more or less given up scrapping over the last 2-3 years (I have been a 12x12 scrapper since 2004) I am enjoying recording our everyday lives.
    It certainly helps keep the year long momentum going looking at what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your PL! It looks great, yet seems very manageable. I have been toying with the idea of doing one. I agree, it would've been so cool to have one from when we were little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layouts and was wondering which kit you were using. Am thinking of starting PL and am scouting around for kits :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dream Weaver--I subscribe to Studio Calico's Project Life kit and I love it! I also have been using additional items from my stash. Thanks so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love you PL, so colorful and fun to look at!! I started, too, but only made to weeks, now I am already waaaay behind!! :/ So sad, don´t know if I can or better WILL catch up on that!! :|

    ReplyDelete